Period: Oct 2018
Client: Yellow Jersey Design
Subject: Website build from provided design
Designed by Yellow Jersey Design, we provided the digital know how to convert this stunning design into a custom WordPress website.
Our Task Was
We had to convert a supplied Adobe Photoshop design into a dynamic, mobile & device “responsive” friendly website to attract customers into their showroom.
After receiving the designs, we converted them into a mobile friendly wireframe so that the information on the flat design translated into a collapsable responsive grid.
- We then integrated new technology and coding into a custom theme to create a dynamic user freindly website.
- Creating a custom WordPress theme
- For the first time we got to use CSS Grid on a website layout.
- The customer wanted to be able to choose a unique layout for each of the content pages so the site looked fresh and not repetitive, avoiding flat columns like most masonry grids.
- The customer also specified that they didn’t want to have to learn a new system or program to achieve the look as they are a busy business.
- To display information about each content section without trashing the images with text
- Responsive so looks good on all devices
We created a custom WordPress theme, hand coded. We made it very easy for the customer by coding 5 different grid layouts and providing a simple “select layout option” from the WordPress admin page. The customer only needs to add the images and text to complete a page quickly.
- East to update website
- Custom, fresh looking design
- Interactive, dynamic content
- Mobile friendly
The end customer was delighted with the end result, we did a quick telephone training with the client. The site uses WordPress so learning how to use it was very simple. The site allows for quick and flexible updates whilst being optimised for organic search results.